The amount of information on the internet is overwhelming. Our founders Tim and Jake believe in creating resources that consumers can trust. As nerds, we stand by our commitment to deliver information and recommendations that are clear, unbiased, personalized, and complete.
NerdWallet is bringing ".org" honesty to financial and travel recommendations and advice. Our data-driven tools provide clear and unbiased information that empower consumers to make smarter and more confident decisions. We hire smart people to analyze complicated decisions, to save consumers time and money.
Our tools help consumers answer real questions like:
* What credit cards should I get?
* How can I pay for college?
* How do I save money when traveling?
* How should I think about investing?
Check out our sites for education, health, and shopping, along with this write up about us in TechCrunch!
We're looking for a VP of Travel to manage and work on our travel product. We already have a pretty good idea of what we want to do and how to do it, but we want someone with serious business execution chops, technical skills, and ideas of your own to help us get it done. We have a technical lead just waiting for you to come on board, so there's less of a need for traditional PM expertise, and more of a need for your financial consulting/team leading experience.
* Build our travel division and products for NerdWallet - this will entail creating, maintaining, and marketing online travel content and tools, as well as hiring and managing a team.
* Work with a dedicated technical lead to define product specs, build innovative products, conduct user testing, and launch travel products.
* Become a travel industry expert, and talk to press regularly about industry trends, policy and regulation.
* Develop strategic partnerships for the products and content you build.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* A proven track record of driving a digital media business to success. Most important is that the products you worked on or the companies you've worked for were a success due to your efforts.
* Managed direct reports in the past.
* A minimum of 2+ years of technology experience.
* A bachelor's degree in a related field, the stronger the school, the better!
Bonus Points For:
* Domain expertise and contacts in the travel industry.
* Experience working at a startup or similar small company.
What We Can Offer You:
A competitive salary, plus the usual benefits (listed below). More importantly, however, we really value our employees, and want to invest in them. As an example of this, we're extremely flexible about expensing learning materials, conferences, equipment, or anything that's going to help you do your job and benefit the company as a whole.
* Catered lunches and free dinners;
* Paid health benefits;
* Paid commuter benefits;
* Flexible vacation;
* Onsite fitness classes;
* Friday happy hours and quarterly company trips (Napa most recently).
How to apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click the link.